Mizzou week in review

courtesy of Chris Lee

Week in review:
    I’ve reached the max level of disappointment in the Mizzou basketball team. I am frustrated and confused at the same time with this 18-7 team. The Tigers played away against the 7-15 Mississippi State Bulldogs Feb. 13. They came out victorious in an amazing 78-36 win. But on Saturday, I was disappointed to see the Tigers lose on the road 73-71 against the 15-9 Arkansas Razorbacks . The team always seems to drain its momentum after a big win and then lose to an average team.

The win against Mississippi State can easily be summed up as a slobberknocker. The Tigers were dominating offensively and defensively pulling in 43 rebounds and holding the Bulldogs to a 23.9 shooting percentage. The Tigers were dominant and didn’t show a single flaw in their game.

The energy the Tigers gained from Wednesday’s win disappeared over the three-day stretch when the Tigers, who were leading by two points with less than 20 seconds left, allowed an and one making the lead 72-71. The intelligence of this team disappeared in that clutch moment. They deserved to lose that game and their chance to go back into the top 25 rankings.

I can’t take anymore disappointment or sadness with this team before March madness comes. Hopefully, this week, when the Tigers play at home against No. 5 Florida on Tuesday and then away at Kentucky on Saturday, we will see the good and offensive heavy Missouri Tigers who I love to watch play.