Top 10: Fast food joints

Top 10: Fast food joints

I made this list to show my opinion of what the best fast food restaurants are based on a variety of factors. As you may collect, I am very passionate about this subject.

-Ben Harvey

10. Chick-Fil-A: I included Chick-Fil-A because everybody likes Chick-Fil-A. Though they are a bit pricy, they have good waffle fries, shakes and service. Many people also take advantage of coupons for free sandwiches send via text messages.

Price: C+
Food: B+

9. Wendy’s: Wendy’s is delicious, I could live off of their Triple Baconators forever. Unfortunately, most of their burgers are around $7-$8. This is unacceptable. They do have a value menu, but it is limited and inferior to other value menus.

Price: D
Food: A-

8. Hardee’s/Red Burrito: Hardee’s is famous for their commercials of attractive people eating their foods in a messy fashion. Although it is relatively expensive, the restaurant is nicer than most, and there is a large variety of great food there especially when you include the Red Burrito menu.

Price: D
Food: A-

7. KFC: Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is some good soul food. Nobody can argue that. For fried chicken, KFC is relatively affordable. I myself am a leg man, and I like my chicken with hot sauce on it. KFC also gets a boost in the rankings for it’s large variety of side dishes. The macaroni and cheese is phenomenal, and the mashed potatoes go great with their unbeatable gravy.
Price: B
Food: B+

6. Chipotle: Many people take sides in the whole Chipotle/Qdoba argument, and I have taken the obvious side of Chipotle here. Though it may be expensive, it’s high-quality food and leaves me satisfied after every visit. The restaurant is set up in a very modern and hip way. Who doesn’t like reading those little stories on the side of the soda cups?

Price: C
Food: A

5. Culver’s: Culver’s is probably the most overlooked and underrated restaurant on this list. The butterburger is affordable and delicious. Besides the great food, Culver’s also specializes in frozen custard. I, myself, take advantage of the flavor of the day whenever I go there.

Price: B+
Food: A-

4. Lion’s Choice: Lion’s Choice is ranked highly on this list for three reasons. Number one is their crushed ice. I can just eat that stuff by itself and the texture compliments their root beer and Dr. Pepper just right. Second, you can get a “Cone” for around 15 cents. Third, and most important, is their famous roast beef sandwich. Though it may cost slightly more than I would like to pay for a sandwich that small, it is the best roast beef sandwich on the planet. That was even before I made the discovery that dipping the sandwiches in au jus (sandwich sauce) makes them exponentially more delicious.

Price: B-
Food: A

3. McDonalds: Let’s face it, no matter who made this top 10, Micky D’s was going to make a high position on this list. They are good, they are cheap, and they have variety. When I go, I usually get two McDoubles, a large order of fries and a large Dr. Pepper. I still manage to get out for under $5 even with getting all of that food.

Price: A+
Food: B

2. Jack in the Box: This is a remarkable place to eat. They are one of the few fast food joints that offer a 52 oz. soda. While the menu is full of great things to eat, there is one thing that stands out, propelling Jack in the Box to the number two position: the famous Jack in the Box taco. This taco is not like other tacos. They’re deep fried, though this might not sound good, it is. The best part about these tacos, however, is the price of two tacos for only $1. That means 10 tacos is only $5 which makes this debatably the best deal in America. By the way I am proud to say that my record is 16 tacos in one sitting.

Price: A+
Food: A-

1.Taco Bell: This is it. The champion of all fast food. Taco Bell has the newly famous Doritos Locos Taco, the Beefy Five Layer Burrito, the Volcano menu, chalupas and many other amazing (and cheap) selections on their menu. Mountain Dew Baja Blast is considered by many to be among the best sodas of all time, and is available only at Taco Bell locations. If I was reduced to only being able to eat at Taco Bell for the rest of my life, it wouldn’t be that much of a burden. Usually when I go, I have a strategy to get in and out for under $3. I bring an old Taco Bell cup to refill with Baja Blast for free, then I get a Beefy Five Layer Burrito, and either a Dorito Taco or a Volcano Taco. Then I use one of my remaining quarters to win myself a Bean Burrito in the coin drop game. What a bargain.

Price: A++
Food:A+

View Comments (1)
$1030
$500