A guide to fall music

Fall+scene
Natalie Hosto
Fall scene

Trees sway as bright orange leaves fall to the ground, each one ending up on the sidewalk to make a beautiful array showing that fall has arrived. Pumpkins sit on doorsteps, anxiously awaiting Oct. 31st, and sweaters make their way into closets. Fall is a time to be enjoyed. To put yourself in the best fall “vibes”, music is just what you need. Here are the top five songs to listen to during the fall season. 

All Too Well (Ten Minute Version) [Taylor’s Version]: To truly embrace the spirit of fall, this ten minute track on Red will do the job. Lines like “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place” help set the perfectly emotional and beautiful tone All Too Well will definitely have — Taylor’s Version, of course (no Scooter Braun support here). 

Noah Kahan, Stick Season: It’s in the name; “Stick Season” paints the perfect picture of fall. Driving through the twisty orange filled roads of Vermont. The song gives the right spirit and is wonderfully written to make you feel all the emotions expressed by Kahan.

The Neighbourhood, Sweater Weather: “Sweater Weather”, is a song that will make you want to cozy up by a fire thinking of pumpkins and Halloween treats. It will capture the feelings autumn brings up, while making you dream about snuggling up in a sweater. 

Green Day, Wake Me Up When September Ends: If the transition from summer to fall proves difficult for you, this is the perfect song. Get excited to settle back into leggings and scarves and ditch the tank tops of summer with this fall jam. 

Kenny Chesney, The Boys of Fall: If country and football are your thing, you have found your fall song. “The Boys of Fall” will put you in all the feels of Friday night lights under the cool air. The song is the perfect example of friendship and fall vibes of colder nights.  

In all, fall is a stunning season and in order to truly dive deep and enjoy it, the right music is a must. Whether it is simply playing Taylor Swift’s entire Red album like me, or branching out to find the best fall song for you. The music can only enhance your experience.