Answers to black history month crossword

Every+February%2C+we+celebrate+the+Black+icons+who+made+history+in+our+country.+
Daniel Brehob
Every February, we celebrate the Black icons who made history in our country.

Across-
Beyoncé-A former member of the girl group Destiny’s Child and the singer of the hit song “Single Ladies”
Aretha Franklin – Also known as the “Queen Of Soul,” and best known for her song “Respect”
Nelly- Stage name for Saint Louis rapper Cornell Iral Haynes Jr.
Maya Angelou- Public speaker and author most famous for “I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings”
Jackie Robinson- First ever black MLB player
Barack Obama- The 44th US president who served from 2009-2017
Muhammad Ali-Boxer who was the first 3 time winner of the sport’s heavyweight championship.

Down
Oprah – Became a meme when she yelled “You get a car!” to the audience at her talk show.
Katherine Johnson- The movie “Hidden Figures” is based off of her life, her math skills were crucial to the work of NASA.
Amanda Gorman- Read her poem “The Hill We Climb” during Joe Biden’s inauguration.
Martin Luther King, Jr.- A civil rights activist who is famous for his speech given at the Lincoln Memorial.
Serena Williams- A retired professional tennis player who played with her sister, Venus
Halle Bailey- The actress who recently starred as Ariel in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.
Harriet Tubman- An abolitionist who helped free slaves using the Underground Railroad.