Map: Where to take your Valentine

View TKC: Where to take your Valentine in a larger map

Frank Papa’s Ristorante
As Twitter comedian Sammy Rhodes so eloquently stated, “Olive Garden is Italian for ‘meh.'” So don’t allow them to tangle you in their “Bottomless pasta and stale bread sticks!” web; instead, treat your date to some real Italian food at this quaint little Brentwood joint. It’s family-operated, with a romantic aesthetic and delicious dishes that taste straight from Sicily.

Kirkwood Custard Station
It’s truly a Kirkwood tradition. The Custard Station (formerly Jeremiah’s) sits attached to the historic train station near the plaza and offers outdoor seating. Sure, the sights and sounds may not be anything special, but snuggling up on a bench in the heart of downtown with some delicious in-house custard is a simple joy that will be as memorable as you make it.

Skyview Drive-In Theater
Like bowling alleys and dance halls, drive-in theaters are slowly disappearing, which is unfortunate because (based on the old movies they’re featured in) it would be hard to top them as romantic locations go. Unfortunately, the only one left in the area is way over in Belleville, Ill., but if you’re willing to make the drive (that could be half the fun!) it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience.

St. Louis Carriage Co.
If a drive-in movie isn’t enough of a throwback/rom-com cliché, you could always try a carriage ride through downtown St. Louis. See the many landmarks from a new perspective with your significant other, at $50 for 30 minutes (or $95 if you’d like a full hour). It may seem dated, but a carriage ride is unique enough that it’s sure to be a memorable romantic gesture.