Five throwback albums you should still listen to

Although many late-elementary school to early middle school CDs usually reside in the back of a high schooler’s closet, there are some albums that just shouldn’t be forgotten. Here is a list of the five albums you should still be listening to in 2012:

Blink-182’s self-titled album (2003)
Blink-182’s bad boy reputation, the single “Feeling This” aside, is squashed in this 2003 album, where genuine feelings arise in heartfelt songs, such as “I’m Lost Without You” and “All Of This.” The trio released Blink-182 as a fan-satisfying gift before their long hiatus. Now back together, Blink fans can rest again knowing this album, though satisfying and thoughtful, is not their last project.

Most Popular Hits: “I Miss You”, “Always” and “Feeling This”
Underrated Must-Listens: “I’m Lost Without You” and “All Of This”

Yellowcard’s Ocean Avenue (2003)
Yellowcard’s “Ocean Avenue” was released as their first single from their 2003 album, and with it came increasing popularity for the band. As catchy as “Ocean Avenue” is, Yellowcard shows their true talent in other songs on the record, including “Back Home” and “One Year, Six Months” which allow listeners to delve a little deeper into the hearts of the band.

Most Popular Hits: “Ocean Avenue” and “Only One”
Underrated Must-Listens: “Back Home”, “One Year, Six Months” and “Inside Out”

All-American Reject’s Move Along (2005)
Everyone remembers the song “Dirty Little Secret” and the music video to go along with it, which felt like it was on VH1 every Sunday for years. Move Along is full of songs just as appealing as “Dirty Little Secret” for those wanting a middle school throwback. Excluding their popular “It Ends Tonight”, All-American Reject’s 2005 album is a great compilation of fast-paced, energy-filled songs full of makeups and breakups.

Most Popular Hits: “Move Along”, “Dirty Little Secret” and “It Ends Tonight”
Underrated Must-Listens: “Stab My Back” and “Dance Inside”

Coldplay’s X & Y (2005)
Coldplay’s increasing popularity may have made fans forget about their old favorites, but X & Y is proof that these songs should be dusted off and listened to. Chris Martin’s raw talent is shown with his soothing voice in their song “What If”, and his simple, yet genius lyrics in the romantic “Kingdom Come.”

Most Popular Hits: “Fix You” and “Speed of Sound”
Underrated Must-Listens: “Kingdom Come”, “What If” and “The Hardest Part”

Fall Out Boy’s From Under the Cork Tree (2005)
This one is self-explanatory. Although Patrick Stump’s unintelligible whines of nonsense lyrics don’t necessarily represent the most talented musicians within the past decade, there’s no denying Fall Out Boy’s charm and catchy pop-rock songs. Pete Wentz, bassist and lyricist, became the eyeliner-donning face of this band, drawing a crowd of tweens and cougars alike.

Most Popular Hits: “Dance, Dance” and “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”
Underrated Must-Listens: “Of All The Gin Joints In All The World” and “Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year”